RECOVER FASTER – FIVE HEALTH THERAPIES TO CONSIDER
In our post last week, we shared Dr. Slaunwhite’s advice on CORE training. Achieving your optimal state of fitness requires more than just exercise; although working out is fundamental to good health. Feeling awesome means investing in your day-to-day wellness.
This week, we’re delivering some alternative therapies to help you recover faster so you can look and feel your best. So you can stay active and hit your goals head on. So you can consider all options for ultimate health.
Remember, as the Doc said, abs are made in the kitchen. So be mindful of what you put into your body, support your immune system with solid nutrition and live in balance.
Here are five holistic health therapies to consider:
1. Acupuncture is a great option for anyone battling acute, chronic, and degenerative conditions. Fine needles are inserted at specific points to stimulate energy centres and restore a healthy energy balance to improve well-being and decrease pain.
2. Cryotherapy is a whole-body exposure to extreme cold temperatures (-110 C) for a short duration of time (up to three minutes) to decrease inflammation, pain and spasms, and promote overall health.
3. Cupping is a traditional Chinese medical technique, which applies suction to diseased parts of the body using ceramic glass or bamboo cups in order to increase circulation and promote healing.
4. Float Therapy is an immersion into a safe and hygienic Epsom salt pod. It is said to be incredibly detoxifying for the nervous system and can relax overworked joints and muscles, and improve your mood through a reduction in stress.
5. Reiki is a method of healing stuck energy through the use of hand placements to channel universal energy. Reiki is commonly used to treat emotional and mental distress as well as chronic and acute physical problems.
Regardless of whether you meditate or go for long runs. Whether you connect with people or make yourself a perfectly macro balanced meal, wellness plays a huge part in how we show up in the world and in our workouts. Be sure to train properly, eat clean nutrition and be well.